Summer is around the bend, and the swimsuit-shopping season is now upon us. Department store racks are full of new bikinis in all shapes and sizes, and it is your job to choose one that makes you look and feel great. Chances are, if you feel at all self-conscious about your body, shopping for a bikini is not at the top of your list of favorite things. Undoubtedly, the never-ending trips to the dressing room seem like pure, unadulterated torture as you try to tuck your leftover winter fat into two tiny scraps of cloth.
Have you ever found the perfect looking bikini in the store, a magazine, or online, only to be disappointed when it did not do your body any justice? Shopping for a bikini can be fun, but it can also be chaotic due to the number of types available on the market today. The styles, materials, and colors to choose from are so appealing, that can be very difficult to make a choice. String bikinis that are have small straps on the top and very thin string sides on the bottom are very popular. Women feel sexy in them, and men love to see good looking women parading around in them. Some women avoid the mini bikini because they feel it does not look good on their body.
The bikini is an ideal swimwear choice if you have a great body that is toned and in shape. Unfortunately, women who are slightly overweight or out of shape can find it difficult to look good in the sexy string bikini. Choosing the right bikini can be depressing and hurt your self esteem if you have unrealistic expectations. You want to feel comfortable and confident in your bikini, so make sure you do before you buy it. Otherwise it will either spend the summer tucked away in your dresser or you will feel self conscious every time you wear it. The bikini used to come in just one style. So it either looked good on you or it did not. Today, there are so many styles and cuts of the bikini to choose from that you will want to take the time to see the differences in how they look and feel on your body. So, how do you choose that one magical bikini that will make you look toned, beautiful, and beach-ready? To get you started, check out the tips below for a guaranteed successful shopping trip.
Some useful shopping advice:
1. Before you hit the department store circuit, schedule a spray tan for yourself. Spray tanning is quickly becoming one of the hottest trends on the beach because its easy, effective, and very slimming. There is nothing like a bronzed appearance to shave at least five pounds off your look.
2. Once you get into the store, choose a huge variety of bikinis in different styles and cuts to try on. You do not want to get trapped into thinking only one style will work for your particular body shape. If you have a variety of different bikini on hand, you can quickly and easily see how different styles make you look. You can find more detailed information about bikini styles here Mini Bikini World
3. When trying a swimsuit on, remember to consider your particular requirements for the bikini. If you plan on moving around or playing beach sports, you will want to stay away from swimsuits with a lot of excess fabric. If you are wearing a bikini, make sure the straps offer adequate support and the front of the bottom sits a little lower than the back. As you analyze your look in a particular swim wear, be sure to use a three-way mirror. This will allow you to see how the suit fits you from every angle. Also, be sure to check out your appearance while squatting or sitting. You will quickly become alert to a too-skimpy bottom or uncomfortable style.
4. When choosing a print or fabric color swim wear, remember that nearly everyone looks good in smaller prints and darker colors. If you love the look of big prints, try to find a print in a dark color for slimming effects. Don’t be afraid to pair a print top with a solid bottom, or vice versa. And, if you are mixing colors, be sure to wear the darker color on the part of your body you’d like to minimize.Flowery suits are in this year, and the best way to wear them is in bright, preppy colors. The color mixes are full of blues, yellows, and greens with fun, contrasting trims. If you are self-conscious about your weight, look for a floral print with small designs to minimize your appearance.
5. If you are choosing a throng bikini, make sure to tie it properly. The tie at the bottom should rest on your hipbone, with the remaining string stretching across your hip at a length of no more than seven inches. To tie the top, make a bow at the back first and then stretch the fabric cups over your breasts to tie the neck. You should allow for no more than two to three inches of string between your breasts.
6. At the store, don’t let yourself be talked into a trendy style or color you are not comfortable with. If you do get pressured into a purchase, you will likely never wear the swimsuit again, or you will be constantly tugging at ties and straps. If you have an old swimsuit you love, feel free to bring it into the store and ask for assistance finding a similar style.
Once you buy your new swimsuit and make a trip to the nearest beach, remember this sexy look for sunbathing. Make a small pillow out of the sand for your head and neck and dig a little hole for your butt. Having your legs and chest slightly elevated is a very flattering look.
You can select from a number of great bikini styles. The bikinis are designed to shape up your body, to minimize your hips, to highlight your bust and to make you feel sexy. They are marketed towards women wanting to look stylish. The search might be frustrating, but do not give up. Just take the time to try all the options. When you find that perfect bikini for your body shape, you will be glad you did and it will be unforgettable summer.